All Natural Free Skin Care Tips for Any Skin Type
Here is a compilation of tips based on research and naturopathic practices done by reputable dermatologist and skin care specialists from all around the globe. These beauty tips are easy to prepare at home and only require a few ingredients.
These do-it-yourself tips are an alternative to expensive and invasive procedures, as well as other chemical-based ingredients that are harmful to our skin. Although these DIY tips are great, there are also natural skin care products that are highly recommended and have proven to have no harmful ingredients but still provide the care and nourishment your skin needs.
The best part when using natural products is the fact that you are utilising the healing wonders of mother nature and at the same time, supporting the body’s innate healing capability, which makes for healthy and naturally glowing skin.
Chilled Tea Bags for Puffy Eyes
Nowadays we face various health issues due to environmental toxins and unhealthy habits. The soft skin around our eyes is more sensitive to toxins, which can cause eye puffiness or even dark circles. Other factors that can lead to puffy eyes are the lack of sleep, skin disorders, hormonal changes or even allergies. One of the best natural skin care solutions is the use of chilled tea bags on the eyelids.
You may wonder why tea bags are great for treating eye puffiness or dark circles. The answer is quite simple: eye puffiness is caused by inflammation, which can easily be diminished with the beneficial effects of tea. The anti-oxidants and caffeine present in tea aid in diminishing the fluid retention in the tissue around the eyes. Moreover, anti-oxidants act as anti-aging barriers and protect the skin against harmful elements. Tea is reach in tannins that promote good blood circulation and reduce the inflammation from around your eyes.
Types of tea that are great for treating eye puffiness and dark circles
- Because of its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant-rich nature, chamomile tea is one of the best remedies for skin care problems. Scientists say that direct application on the skin can significantly boost the healing process, which leads to the disappearance of puffy eyes and dark circles.
- Green tea is great for dealing with dark circles due to its high content of tannins and antioxidants. Its astringent nature constricts the blood vessels and allows the skin to regain its healthy look.
- Black tea is not such a common remedy for treating eye puffiness, but it is known for its anti-ageing effects. It is rich in caffeine, which draws out the excess water to diminish dark circles.
- Peppermint tea has both curative and refreshment effect. A cold peppermint tea compress applied on the eyes will cleanse and reduce swelling. This happens due to the strong menthol aroma that causes the eyes to water.
How to use tea bags for dark circles and puffy eyes
It is best to use 2 tea bags (chamomile, green, black or peppermint tea) and steep them in a glass of hot water for no more than 60 seconds. After this, the bags should be removed from water, placed in a bowl and left in the fridge in order to get cool. As soon as the bags are chilled, close your eyes and place one bag over the eyelid. Allow the cool tea bags to soothe your eyes for about 5 to 15 minutes. The results will be observed immediately: the skin around the eyes will look healthier, while the dark circles will be diminished.
Tips and Precautions
- Always avoid getting tea in your eyes during this treatment.
- Never use hot tea bags because they can harm both your eyes and your skin.
- Use new tea bags for each treatment.
- Before using this natural remedy for puffy eyes or dark circles, it is best to test the tea on your skin. This will prevent unwanted effects such as allergies.
- Drinking the proper amount of water is beneficial for your health and for your skin. Hence, for the best results, make sure you are properly hydrated.
Raspberries and Coconut Oil for Lip Care
When the cold season knocks on the door, we start wondering what to do to prevent the effects cold weather has on our body, especially on our skin. We preoccupy ourselves with our hair, face or skin, but we tend to forget about our lips. As it turns out they require our attention, too. Oxidation represents the main cause of aging skin and it can affect the lips. A natural remedy for preventing and treating the lips is the raspberry seed oil. Let`s see what are the main benefits of this amazing oil!
- Raspberries are one of the few fruits that feature a high content of Vitamin E. This vitamin is known for its antioxidant effects which reduces skin damage and nourishes the skin.
- As if that was not enough, raspberry oil is a great help when it comes to sun protection. Studies show that it has the power to protect lips against UV lights.
- Due to its high content of fatty acids, raspberry seed oil is recommend for keeping your skin healthy. The omega 9 oleic acid protects the skin from the sun, moisturizes and repairs the skin from a cellular level. The omega 6 linoleic acid is responsible for retaining moisture in the skin and for healing our skin barrier that protects our body.
Furthermore, combining raspberries oil with coconut oil can turn out to be extremely important for the health of your lips because of the beneficial effects coconut has on our skin. Here are a few of them that will convince you to mix those two great oils:
- If you are looking for a natural skin moisturizer, coconut oil is the best match. Coconut oil melts on the skin as soon as you apply it, which causes it to seep directly into the skin pores. Hence, it moisturizes deeply and thoroughly, which is our goal for keeping our lips healthy.
- As if that was not enough, the coconut oil acts as an antibacterial shield. By preventing both bacterial and fungal infections, this oil allows our lips to keep their healthy aspect.
- Did you know that coconut oil was firstly used as an ant aging product? Well, it is true and we recommend it for the lips and the area surrounding them due to the fact that it aids in preventing premature aging.
How to make your own natural lip care balm
So, after mentioning the beneficial effects of both raspberry and coconut oil, we encourage you to care for your lips with the following recipe. It is easy to prepare and it will give you the most amazing natural lip care balm. Here is what you need to do:
- The first step is to use a tablespoon of coconut oil and place it into a small saucepan on low heat. Allow it to get warm and remove it once it has.
- The second step is to mix with the coconut oil 4 fresh or frozen raspberries.
- Mash and blend the raspberries into a smooth consistency.
- Pour the mixture into a small glass container and refrigerate the content until firm.
Use it as a lip balm using clean fingers or a lip brush, but don`t forget to make this fresh every few days. It will help your lips to benefit from the best those oils have to offer!
Getting a Natural Facelift with Simple Yoga
Admit it! You are always wondering how some people have glowing and radiant skin no matter the season we are in. You might think that it is rather difficult to achieve this, but in fact, it is quite simple. Keep in mind that you do not need expensive cosmetic products in order to achieve this. As it turns out all you need is a couple of simple yoga exercises which have the power to add a permanent glow on your face.
So, let`s see what are the main causes for the most common skin problems. Premature wrinkling can appear mostly because of stress and unhealthy lifestyle. Moreover, smoking, alcohol or even unhealthy food choices can accentuate those wrinkles. Another skin problem that we see more and more often is acne and it is usually caused by hormonal imbalances. Furthermore, some of us may even experience pimples caused by a difficult digestion. Anyway, no matter the problem, a couple of yoga asanas can help you get a natural facelift that will make your skin glow and look healthy.
Yoga asanas for blood flow
In order to achieve a naturally beautiful skin tone, you have to boost the blood circulation to the head and face areas. The following yoga poses are perfect for achieving this.
- The Cobra Pose has the power to relax and elevate your mood, which leads to a flexible and smooth skin. Lie on your stomach with your forehead placed on your mat. Move your palms under your shoulders and be careful to keep your elbows parallel to your torso. While you take a deep breath lift your head and chest.
- The Fish Pose is meant to relax your muscles and balance your hormones, all of which are crucial for a more flexible and firm skin. All you have to do is lay on your back, place your hands underneath the hips and lift your head and chest. This will make you feel more relaxed than ever!
- Don`t forget about the handstand! It is an empowering yoga pose that balances our energy levels and allows our skin to breathe properly. Sit on your mat on both your knees and hands and slowly lift yourself by supporting your weight on your hands and feet. For beginners, it is best to use some support like leaning on the wall in order to stand on your hands properly. The key here is to find your inner balance that will allow you to stand upside down.
- A rather simple yoga pose, bending and touching your toes can work miracles for your face. Stretching improves blood circulation, while bending directs the blood flow to your face.
How long to keep these yoga poses
Everyone does yoga in her or his own rhythm. It I best to keep these poses for around 1 to 5 minutes. However, if you have onset back pains, injuries and such that can hinder you, make sure you check with your physician first and if there is a way to modify the pose. There are other yoga poses that you can do that can help with a natural facelift or even some yoga exercises for face. Always remember that yoga is all about finding your inner balance and peace, which signifies that you should feel comfortable while doing it. Don`t overdo the poses, just move inside your boundaries!
Skin So Soft and Kissable with Natural Pomegranate, Sweet Almond Oil, and Raspberry
As the cold season approaches, we start wondering what natural skin creams we should use. Dryness and dullness are the main challenges in winter and are mainly caused by harsh weather. Amongst the most important natural skin care tips is the fact that you should mix and match natural oils in order to achieve the best natural face cream. Nevertheless, the best vegan friendly skin care recipe is the one that includes natural pomegranate, sweet almond oil and raspberry oil. Here is why a combination of these three elements will help your skin stay healthy even in the cold weather.
The core benefits of pomegranate, sweet almond oil and raspberry oil
- Pomegranate has one of the most powerful antioxidants you can find that not only they nourish the skin, but also prevent damage caused by free radicals. It acts as an anti-ageing product because of the high content of Vitamin C and it has an important role in the production of collagen. Organic pomegranate juice is a powerful moisturizer that softens the skin.
- The sweet almond oil is a promoter of flawless skin. It was proven that almond oil is mild and it features hypoallergenic properties which make it suitable for sensitive skin. It is rich in Vitamin E, an antioxidant that will help your skin cells to regenerate quickly. Furthermore, regular use of almond oil will help your skin combat stress and UV damage.
- Raspberry seed oil is popular because of its anti-ageing effects supported by the high content of ellegic acid. Various studies have proven that this antioxidant reduces the destruction of collagen and inflammatory response, both of which are the main cause of the appearance of wrinkles. It is also rich in Vitamin E which prevents oxidative damage.
How to use a homemade pomegranate, sweet almond and raspberry oil
So, let`s see how to achieve the best natural oil for face nourishment! You will need 4 tablespoons of natural pomegranate seed oil, 4 tablespoons of raspberry seed oil and 4 tablespoons of sweet almond oil. Mix the oils and transfer to a small jar for storage. It is best to use it when it reaches room temperature due to the fact that colder or hotter oil might cause unwanted reactions on your skin.
After cleansing or before putting makeup on, you should apply some Pomegranate seed oil, raspberry seed oil, and sweet almond oil. Use 3-6 drops of the oil mixture in your palms, rub together to warm the oils and then use your fingertips. Gently press the warm oil into the dry areas of your face or where you see fine lines and wrinkles. This technique will help the oil to be absorbed quickly into your skin.
There are no documented precaution regarding this recipe of natural oils, but it is best to not overuse the mixture. Applying the oil once or twice a day is more than enough due to the fact that those oils moisturize from a cellular level. In some cases, applying more oil than recommended can lead to the appearance of acne, red spots or pimples. Using it carefully will act as a natural facelift cream, which will make your skin healthy and nourished.
Minimise Skin Creases by Making Sure Pillowcases are Changed
We all know that getting plenty of sleep is a key factor to looking your best! But along with our beauty sleep, we get a couple of deep facial wrinkles. As if that is not enough, the manner in which you sleep can influence greatly the appearance of wrinkles. Just like sleep leads to wrinkled bed sheets, it can cause wrinkles on the soft skin of our face. Hence, those lines are called sleep wrinkles and are almost unpreventable.
What causes Sleep Wrinkles?
In order to prevent those from happening, we need to learn what causes them. So, let`s think about the moment when you wake up. After sleeping in a certain position you wake up with a couple of lines strategically placed all over your face. This happens because of the pressure applied on that part of the skin. In younger days, these lines had the power to fade away almost instantly, but as we get older, sleep lines stick together more and more often.
Usually, this occurs because of the loss of collagen and elasticity we experience as we get older. Nevertheless, this is not the only reason why those lines appear on our face and body. We have a more realistic explanation that is related to our bed. Repetitive stretching, pressing and pulling on the skin while we sleep can leave permanent marks. This happens because of our pillowcase and bed sheets, for which we need to allow some extra cleaning time.
How to prevent sleep wrinkles?
There are different approaches that can help in diminishing or even eliminating sleep wrinkles, most of them being related to pillowcases. Here are some tips on how to minimise skin creases that you need to keep in mind.
- Regularly change your pillowcase. It is best to opt for cotton-silk pillowcases because your skin will slide on your pillow rather than rub on it. In other words, a silk pillowcase eliminates the wrinkle-inducing traction that other fabrics might cause.
- If you notice on daily basis the appearance of sleep wrinkles it is safe to assume that you need to change your pillow. You can opt for a feather pillow which is great with silk pillowcases. Those pillows are soft and prone to follow the contour of your face without causing extra pressure. Moreover, some stores sell special pillow that were designed to alleviate pressure when you sleep.
- It is always an option to sleep on your back. This solution will eliminate the pressure your face might experience during the night and you will wake feeling refreshed. But, if you cannot get a proper sleep by lying on your back, you might consider changing the pillow along with your pillowcase.
Always remember that in order to keep your face healthy and radiant you need to sleep 7 to 8 hours. The right amount of sleep is necessary in order to allow your body and skin to rest and regain its strength. Also, good dietary habits bring important nutrients which help our skin in staying healthy and good looking. Skin Creases are common nowadays, but they can be easily diminished by following the advices above.
Coconut Water for Skin Hydration
Not too sweet, not too salty, the famous coconut water is a drink that was first used in the Pacific Islands. Keep in mind that coconut milk is different from coconut water due to the fact that it is made from coconut meat. The health benefits of coconut water are numerous due to its high amounts of antioxidants that have the power to boost the electrolytes from our body.
It is believed that coconut water is great for skin hydration this being the main reason why you should include it in your daily regime. What does this mean for you? The answer is quite simple: A glass of unsweetened coconut water is best taken in the morning, while filtered water is recommended for the rest of the day. It is also best to eat meals that contain skin-hydrating foods like salmon, avocado, olives or coconut.
Core benefits of coconut water that promote skin hydration
- First of all, coconut water is renown mainly because of its power to encourage skin hydration. It is rich in nutrients that encourage our skin to stay healthy and regenerate its cells in a proper manner. It is low in calories and a source of the essential nutrients such as Vitamin C, potassium, calcium and magnesium.
- Another curative effect of coconut water is that it boosts blood circulation to the skin. This means that the skin is encouraged to breathe properly and absorb sufficient nutrients. Moreover, this water acts as an agent that promotes the elimination of toxins, which represents the main step towards a properly hydrated skin.
- An ally against aging, coconut water fight from within and acts like an anti-aging products. Drunk regularly, it can lead to a healthy lifestyle and properly hydrated skin. Fine lines and even wrinkles are diminished when the skin receives good amounts of nutrients.
- Hydration is not enough when we talk about our biggest organ we have. Yes, skin is considered the largest part of our body that needs extra care due to the fact that it faces daily harmful effects caused by the environment we live in. Hence, a multitude of skin conditions and sensitive skin can benefit from the nourishment properties of coconut water. It acts as a natural anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal agent, which cures the skin and allows it to hydrate.
Specialists say that it is best to use coconut water both internally and externally. From the inside it encourages to proper intake of nutrients, while on the outside it is great for creating a natural barrier on the skin. The Vitamin C from coconut is great for elasticity and firmness. As an example, for sun burns it is best to apply a couple drops of coconut water, which will heal your skin faster than other products. Also, acne or eczema can be treated by applying locally this water, but specialists recommend drinking it on daily basis in order to maintain its effects.
Bottom line, the benefits of coconut water for hydration are numerous and can be achieved by using this water in our daily regime and by adding it in our daily skincare routine. Its nutritious elements can help our skin to stay healthy and radiant!
Wild Salmon for Sun Damage Skin Prevention
Did you know that seafood like salmon, krill, shrimp, lobster, crabs, and crayfish as well as other supplements contains an antioxidant like astaxanthin that protects the skin from the harmful effects of UVA rays? This acts as an internal sun block and allows our skin to get prepared for the fight agains UVA rays. Moreover, almost all seafood, especially salmon, is rich in other nutrients, too, which allows our body to stay healthy and fight any environmental aggression. Stress, pollution, UV rays are all factors that lead to aging, damaged skin and sun burns. Hence, let`s see how the famous wild salmon can help our skin stay healthy and act as an internal sun block.
Health Benefits of salmon
- Amazing content of Omega-3 fatty acids
It is already worldwide known that salmon has the highest omega content. As it turns out, 100 grams of farmed salmon has 2.3 grams of omega-3 fatty acids, while 100 grams of wild salmon has 2.6 grams. Therefore, we can safely assume that wild salmon is healthier even though sometimes it is hard to find on the market. Various studies suggest that for a proper intake of omega acids, it is best to consume salmon twice a week, preferably wild salmon. The right intake of omega fatty acids helps our body fight sun burn, inflammation and it is a great aid in lowering blood pressure.
- High-quality proteins
One of the most important roles of proteins in our body is aiding in the process of healing after an injury. This signifies that a meal with salmon will prepare out body and skin to defend itself against the aggression of UV rays. Also, researchers say that proteins from salmon are great for controlling the aging process. In other words, if you want to have healthy skin and prevent wrinkles, eating salmon is the solution for you!
- A hidden treasure of B Vitamins
For a healthy looking skin we have to get proper amounts of B vitamins. As it turns out, salmon and especially wild salmon, is rich in a wide range of B vitamins such as B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9 and B12. Moreover, this set of vitamins keeps our brain healthy and manage the proper amounts of energy we need in order to function correctly. Salmon is the best natural source of B vitamins and it is recommended in diets for people that suffer from excessive dry skin, damaged skin or different heart diseases.
- Astaxanthin is what transform’s salmon into a super food
The main reason why wild salmon is recommended for sun damage skin prevention is the fact that it contains high levels of astaxanthin. This compound is responsible for the red pigment a salmon has and is a member of the carotenoid family. What`s more, this particular compound helps the omega fatty acids to work better. This antioxidant is crucial for keeping the heart and nervous system healthy. Moreover, it is the best adjutant for a healthy skin due to its capacity of promoting skin elasticity and hydration.
Revitalise Your Face with an Organic Papaya Mask and Remove Dead Skin
You may wonder why it is so important to correctly clean your face. Here is a fact: during a 24-hour period we shed almost a million skin cells. Scientifically, those cells are known as keratinocytes and form at the base of epidermis. From there they move up through the skin until they reach the surface where they die. Hence, we get around 15-20 layers of dead cells. Keep in mind that this represents a natural life cycle of the skin, but for your personal hygiene it requires periodical removal. Blackheads, whiteheads or pimples appear due to this clog of dead skin cells. Hence, by helping our skin to remove the upper layers of dead skin, we diminish the risk of blocked pores and we keep our skin healthy. As it turns out, one of the best homemade remedies to revitalise your face and remove dead skin is a mask made from papaya and pineapple. Here are the core benefits of those two fruits that will make you love this remedy.
Benefits of pineapple and papaya for your skin
- Papaya is known for its curative effects it has on skin. It brightens skin complexion due to its natural bleaching properties. Furthermore, its cleansing properties make it perfect for maintaining your skin clear, while the high content of vitamin C protects the cells against sun damage.
- Papaya is one of those fruits that are rich in water. Thus, it keeps the skin soft, smooth and moisturized.
- The high content of Vitamin A keeps aging signs at bay and it is a great aid when it comes to removing dead skin cells. This is the main reason why a face mask with papaya is recommended for properly cleaning your complexion.
- Pineapple also has high amounts of Vitamin C, which helps in keeping a clearer complexion. Moreover, pineapple is rich in bromelain which in combination with the mentioned Vitamin C has the power to diminish and treat acne.
So, those two fruits are rich in papaian and bromelain – two protein-dissolving agents which have the power to naturally dissolve and lift away dry, dead skin cells. When the skin debris is eliminated, the risk of developing blackheads and pimples is tremendously diminished. This means the skin stays healthy and has a natural glow. As it turns out, we have the perfect recipe for an organic papaya and pineapple mask. All you have to do is to get through the following steps.
Homemade Papaya and Pineapple Face Mask Recipe
So, you will need ¼ cup of ripe, raw papaya, 1 tablespoon of fresh, raw pineapple juice and a bowl. In a small bowl, mash the papaya with a fork and add in the pineapple juice. Mix well until it becomes a paste. It is best to make a quantity that it is enough for only one use due to the fact that it can lose its nutrients and vitamins. Hence, make a fresh mixture each time you feel the need to use the mask.
Here is how to use this natural mask: gentle pat the mixture all over your face and neck by using only your fingertips. Allow it to work its magic for around 10 to 15 minutes and rinse it with warm water. It is best to apply a moisturising cream after this mask in order to avoid redness or irritations. After all, a papaya and pineapple mask acts as an exfoliator meant to remove dead skin cells.
Night Hydration Mask
It is a fact that our skin starts its healing process during night when we sleep. It is a natural defence mechanism against all harmful actions we experience on daily basis. Thus, night time is the best moment to help our skin stay hydrated and we can achieve that by using an avocado mask.
Avocados, also known as an alligator pear due to their shape and colour, are rich in a bundle of essential nutrients, which include vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants. This fruit is used in various health and beauty products because of its curative effects. It is recommended to make your own homemade avocado mask in order to benefit from its full potential. Let`s see why an avocado is so beneficial for our skin.
- One of the most appraised benefits of an avocado is the fact that it acts like an anti-aging product. It was scientifically proven that avocados represent an amazing treatment that helps in reducing wrinkles. Moreover, due to its high content of antioxidants it detoxifies our skin, making it more supple and plump.
- It is considered one of the best aids when it comes to fighting the harmful effects pollution has on our skin. Its healing properties are great for protecting the skin against UVA and UVB rays, too.
- Avocados are rich in healthy fats, which have the power to moisturize your skin and reduce any inflammation. Furthermore, it is said that the oils present in an avocado are closely matched to the natural oils present in our skin. Hence, an avocado mask will nourish and revitalise your face.
- Also, avocados are great for naturally cleaning your skin on a daily basis. A homemade avocado facial cleanser requires a bit of avocado, honey and some milk. This combination will both clean and nourish your skin, leaving you with a healthy glow.
So, treat yourself once a week with an amazing avocado night mask. We guarantee you will feel its curative effects immediately, while you will observe the healthy glow on your skin. The question that remains unanswered is how to make the best avocado mask. Here is a recipe that will nourish and revitalize your skin like no other facial mask available on the market.
- Get the pulp from half an avocado and place it into a bowl. Use a fork in order to mash the avocado and make sure it becomes creamy and free from lumps.
- After that, add one tablespoon of lemon juice in order to prevent the avocado from oxidizing and turning brown. This will allow you to store the avocado mask for a couple of days.
- Clean your face with warm water to remove any debris left after make-up removal. If your skin is clean, it will absorb the avocado mask`s oils rapidly.
- Use your fingertips and apply a thin layer of avocado on your face. Keep in mind that you will have to avoid touching your eyes and hair with the mask.
- Allow it to work on your face for no more than 15 minutes.
- Remove the mask by using a clean cloth and warm water. DO not scrub the mixture off your face as it can harm your skin.
Use Mineral Makeup Powder and Turn it Into a Natural Sun block
You were probably wondering why you need to make your own mineral makeup powder and turn it into a natural sun block. Well, the answer is more than simple: almost all facial powders available on the market feature a combination of harmful compounds such as Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Pearl Powder, Titanium Dioxide or Iron Oxides. These compounds don`t sound at all natural and might actually cause you allergies, skin inflammation or acne. In order to avoid using harmful substances on your face, it is best to use an organic facial powder recipe that will offer you both a powder and a natural sun block product.
What do you need to make your own mineral makeup powder?
The list is simple and you can buy all these ingredients from a shop that sell only organic, natural products. Get a pen and paper and start making our shopping list as it follows:
- You will need a small jar. It is best to use a storing item made from glass because it will help your powder to last longer and to keep its properties.
- A grinder will help you mix the ingredients correctly, but if you wish, you can mix them by using a spoon made from wood or bamboo.
- 1/4 cup of arrowroot powder - acts as a thickening agent, but you will have to search for an organic one (without the GMOs).
- 4 tablespoons of organic cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon of organic cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of bentonite clay
- 10 drops of vitamin E oil – make sure you buy a non – GMO sourced vitamin E; this compound can cause serious allergic reaction, if it does not come from a natural source.
How to mix the ingredients
Take a glass bowl and place all of your ingredients. The amount specified for each is indicative and you will have to use each one depending on your skin complexion. Thus, the quantities mentioned will give you a light powder perfect for fair complexion.
Use all the ingredients in the mentioned bowl or grind them. The key is to mix them correctly and to add slowly the cocoa powder. This is what will provide the powder with colour, so diminish or increase the quantity depending on the shade you want to achieve.
Test the colour of the powder on your neck to see if it matches your complexion.
After you are satisfied with your colour, store the powder in a jar and use a dry sponge or brush to apply.
Why is it good to use a homemade mineral powder?
First of all, the drops of Vitamin E will protect your skin against sun damage and UV rays. Also, it will nourish your skin preventing dehydration. A mineral makeup powder made at home and mixed with organic Vitamin E oil will act as a natural sun block. This is a perfect recipe for summer, but it is best to use it in winter, too. We never stop facing UV rays and sun damage!
Homemade Shea Butter to Hydrate and Nourish the Lips
Did you know that almost all lip balms contain allergens and irritants that end up perpetuating the exact problems we`re trying to treat: dryness, peeling, cracking and flaking? Thus, when you experience such problems with your lips, you use lip balm and you observe that those problems do not fade away, it is time to consider that the lip balm itself is harmful for your lips. Here are the main ingredients commonly found in lip balms that may harm your skin:
- The most popular ingredient is, of course, the vitamin E. Almost all lip balms have some form of it, but dermatologists’ state that it is not for everyone to use. Several studies prove that applying topical vitamin E can lead to the development of contact dermatitis. This vitamin is mentioned on labels as natural vitamin E oil, tocopherol or tocopheryl acetate. It can be an-made or derived from plants, but always keep in mind that both forms can turn out to be allergenic.
- Another compound frequently used in lip balms is castor oil. It is a ricinoleic acid with allergenic properties which can intensify existing problems.
- We all opt in summer for a lipstick with sunscreen in it. Did you know that this particular type of balm can be the main cause of chronic chapping of the lips? Well, this happens because of the fact that the majority of sunscreen lip balms protect with chemicals, not with minerals. Thus, allergic skin reactions are encouraged.
So, you may start wondering what product could be best for taking care of your lips. Our solution is quite simple: do you own homemade Shea butter chap stick and you will be able to hydrate and nourish your lips in a healthy, natural manner.
Homemade Lip Balm Recipe
The ingredients you will need for this recipe are as it follows: 1 tablespoon of honey, 2 tablespoons of cocoa butter, 2 tablespoons of coconut oil , 2 tablespoons of Shea butter and 20 drops of an essential oil.
- Pour an inch of water in a small pan and heat it.
- Position a small jar in that water and be careful not to allow the water to get in the jar itself.
- Add all ingredients except the essential oil and let it melt. When everything is melted, turn off the heat and leave the jar in the water in order to keep it warm.
- Add the essential oil.
- Start pouring the balm in small containers and let the mixture settle as it cools down
- Let it sit without touching for a couple of hours.
- Store in a cool dry place and start using your new favourite chap stick!
Always remember that chap sticks normally contain petrolatum, mineral oil, and hormone-disrupting oxybenzone. If you replace these with a nourishing and natural ingredient like cocoa butter, Shea butter and coconut oil, your lips will look luscious and nourished. A homemade lip balm containing these ingredients has the power to feed your lips the proper amounts of nutrients and vitamins!
Minimising the Intake of Sugar can Help Give Clear Radiant Skin
Did you know that sugar is a major contributor when it comes to skin inflammation, which can show as acne, dry, itchy skin and wrinkles? Yes! You read it right! Sugar isn`t bad only for your waistline, but it can have harmful effects on your skin, too.
As it turns out, common carbohydrates like refined sugar, white bread or soda, cause insulin levels to spike, this leads to a spread of inflammation within our body. Nevertheless, that inflammation produces enzymes that break down collagen and elastin, which results in sagging skin and wrinkles. Furthermore, sugar can accentuate existing skin conditions like acne or rosacea. And as if this is not enough, great amounts of sugar, lead to insulin resistance which causes excess hair growth and darkening of the skin. Simply stated: you should be careful what you eat and you should definitely avoid the following foods:
- Simple carbohydrates represent the major enemy for your skin. This happens due to the fact that they rapidly break down into glucose and boost insulin levels.
- Do not eat foods that have proinflammatory, high-glycemic or saturated fats such as white bread, candy, fried food, fruit juice, pasta, ketchup, jam, packaged snacks and sodas.
- Avoid semi-prepared meals because of its high content of preservatives.
- Try to drink less to none alcohol because it has the power to age your skin.
Sugar with a beneficial impact on your body
We`ve seen the harmful effects of some foods on our skin and body. But what should we eat in order to help our complexion stay healthy and radiant? There are the so-called good sugar aliments that will provide your body with the proper nutrients and vitamins. Hence, it is best to include in your diet the following:
- Complex carbohydrates like brown rice and vegetables are good for our body because they break down into glucose at a slower rate which prevents the insulin levels to spike.
- Low-glycemic foods such as beans, nuts or whole grains delay sugar absorption and promote healthy blood sugar levels.
- Healthy fats can be found in foods such as olive oil and avocados and are recommended for balancing the nutrient and vitamin levels.
- Other foods you should eat in order to promote a radiant, youthful skin are lean protein like salmon, fibres found in vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower and even berries for their amazing amounts of antioxidants.
How to diminish sugar`s impact on skin
It is best to get proper sleep because your body needs time to relax. This will prevent your body from releasing the stress hormone responsible for insulin spikes. On the same topic, stress may increase insulin levels and can act exactly as sugar does. Moreover, stressed people experience regular acne breakouts. Also, if you want to balance your sugar levels, you should eat balanced meals and specified hours. Keeping a program allows your body to follow the routine and deal with all sorts of imbalances you may experience. This will prevent your skin from getting dull or wrinkled.
Bone Broth to Reduce Fine Lines and Wrinkles
You hear more and more often about people that use Botox in order to diminish or even eliminate lines and wrinkles. But did you actually ask yourself what Botox is? Well, the answer is at the very least intriguing: Botox is a substance that blocks nerve impulses that determine your muscles to contract. Also, if injected into your skin it stops the muscles from contracting. Thus, a skin that can`t contract, can`t be wrinkled. The entire theory revolving around this treatment is based on the false assumption it can keep wrinkles at bay. It would`ve been a perfect treatment, if wrinkles were caused by muscles.
The main cause that leads to the appearance of wrinkles is loss of collagen. Collagen is a substance that supports skin`s elasticity, which is why we need to keep its levels balanced. Loss of collagen leads to the appearance of lines, wrinkles and even thinning of the skin. Instead of opting (or dreaming) for Botox injections, we suggest you opt for a more natural remedy, which is cheaper and has long lasting effects.
As it turns out, bone broth and gelatine contain collagen, which our skin needs for elasticity. Remember that when your body produces collagen, it minimises the fine lines and wrinkles. However, production of collagen depletes with age and a supplement is needed from a good source. This is why you should try using in your diet bone broth. Here is a list of some of the benefits of drinking bone broth:
- It is rich in collagen, a protein that promotes healthy looking skin and diminishes fine lines and wrinkles.
- It supports tissue regeneration by feeding our body proteins that encourage the appearance of new cells. As it this was not enough, bone broth is great for keeping the immune system in shape.
- It acts as a detoxifier, which makes our skin look healthier. Also, due to this detoxification, the risk of developing blackheads or pimples is diminished.
How does bone broth get your skin a healthy look?
If you are still sceptical about this natural remedy, here is a list with the most important nutrients you`ll find in bone broth.
- One of the core elements of bone broth is, of course, bone marrow. This is strictly linked to the bones used in preparing the broth, but it was proven by a couple of studies that it has a beneficial impact on both immunity and blood health.
- Following up closely, minerals are found in abundance in bone broth. Calcium and magnesium improve sleep quality, which is important for getting a radiant skin.
- Bone broth is rich in glycine and proline. These two amino acids produce heme in blood and glucose, while promoting a healthy digestion. Moreover, these particular amino acids are the ones responsible for the correct production of collagen.
How to use bone broth in order to reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Eat lots of healthy soups such as chicken soup. It will keep you hydrated and feed you the beneficial nutrients your body requires.
- Use bone broth when cooking braised greens. Even though the liquid evaporates, the nutrients will remain.
- Specialists recommend cooking grains in bone broth because it will double the nutrients and vitamins the body absorbes.
Almond Oil to Cleanse the Skin
Almond oil is one of the most popular skin care ingredient that is known for its power to nourish and protect the skin. It is an oil packed with antioxidants, vitamins E, A, D and B, essential minerals and healthy fats. As if this was not enough, almond oil is rich in oleic and linoleic acids. Because of all these properties, almond oil is recommended as one of the best natural skin care products. Throughout the years it was used for both skin care and skin treatments.
Did you know that instead of stripping the skin with foamy cleansers, you could use almond oil instead? Well, using almond oil as a cleanser can turn out to be amazing for our skin`s health. It cleanses the complexion, while providing a healthy glow. Almond oil nourishes the skin at a deeper level and can be combined with Argan oil in order to boost its properties.
One of the major benefits of almond oil is the fact that it makes your skin look young and healthy. Its high content of vitamins A, B and E feed the skin and leave it supple and glowing. Moreover, pure almond oil keeps your skin properly moisturized for a longer period of time. Being noncomedogenic and a non-greasy lubricant, it is absorbed into your skin without blocking skin pores. This versatile natural oil for skin care is a great replacement for the everyday soap. Both your body`s skin and complexion will benefit from using this amazing oil.
Core benefits of using almond oil as a cleanser
- Almond oil has the power to clean the skin from a deeper level.
- While cleaning your face, it enriches it and preserves its natural glow.
- It acts as a natural moisturizer deep into skin.
- Using it as a cleanser on a daily basis, prevents dry, flaky and irritated skin.
- Almond oil can delay the signs of skin aging by nurturing it and by providing great amounts of vitamin E.
How to use almond oil as a cleanser
There are a bundle of recipes available on the internet regarding this topic. Usually, using pure almond oil is the best approach. Apply a couple of drops on a cotton pad and spread it onto your face. Clean your face with warm water and dry it with a clean towel. This will remove all impurities and feed our skin nutrients.
Another method for using almond oil on face is creating a mask. You will need a quarter of an avocado, a teaspoon of argan oil and a teaspoon of pure almond oil. Combine all the ingredients into a uniform paste and apply it on your face and other skin areas, as you wish. Allow it to work its magic for 15 minutes and rinse it off with warm water.
Besides using almond oil as an everyday cleanser, you can benefit from its curative effects in other ways, too. One of them is to massage the oil onto your face before going to bed and to allow it to work over night. This technique will both clean your skin and act as an anti-ageing product. It is a great tip for those that suffer from deep skin damage.
Arnica to Stop Dark Circles Under the Eyes
For those suffering from chronic under eye circles, you may have a food or environmental allergy. Check and identify any possible allergens and stay away from them for at least 10 days - observe the difference. If you do wake up with an occasional darkening under your eyes, then try using the arnical gel or natural skin care products containing arnica. It has very strong anti-inflammatory properties that stop swelling and reduces the appearance of darkening under the eye.
Ylang-ylang oil to Improve Skin's Complexion
Natural fragrances with ylang-ylang essential oil do not only have a fragrant smell, but it also helps balance the sebum levels of both dry and oily complexions.
The number one cause of premature aging, acne and eczema are caused by stress. So a much-needed sleep, meditation, regular exercise can relieve stress and give you a naturally glowing skin. Sleep rejuvenates your skin and meditation, as well as exercise, can help manage stress.
Green Algae to Prevent Sunburn, Uneven Skin Tone and Damage from the Sun
Protecting your skin from the sun is very important, and it helps keep skin supple and smooth. Sun damaged skin causes premature aging, uneven skin tone and the worst, skin cancer. Apply sun block that contains zinc oxide and other skin care that contains natural ingredients that contain chlorella and resveratrol. The Chlorella Vulgaris (Green Algae) contains a high level of chlorophyll, which protects the body from the UV radiation when exposed. Also, Resveratrol is an anti-oxidant that is needed by the skin cells to keep healthy and younger-looking skin.
Micronutrients for a Naturally Healthy, Glowing Skin
Our skin needs micronutrients to hasten skin repair. You get these micronutrients from the food we eat.
Aloe Vera to Treat Red Irritated Skin
Red, irritated skin can be soothed instantly with aloe vera. If the inflammation on the skin is prolonged, this can cause the skin to break down the collagen, so to ensure that your skin stays vibrant and smooth, aloe vera is considered to be a skin soother. The Aloe Vera gel contains antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory healing properties that can penetrate through the skin and provide nourishment.
Hyaluronic Acid to Moisturise Skin Naturally
When travelling, stressed or extreme weather conditions, can have harmful effects on our skin, especially when we age, so the skin becomes less supple and less resistant. Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic acid) readily binds to water and has moisturising effects. The skin contains Hyaluronic acid which acts as a hydrating agent and space filler, at the same time supporting skin elasticity and collagen - helping your skin look hydrated and firm.
Instant Youthful-looking Skin with Antioxidant-rich Natural Actives
Antioxidant-rich and hydrating natural actives can lift and protect the skin naturally and one such ingredient that can be derived from a quality organic skin care serum is the Pullulan, which contains a natural lifting effect. Long-term application of Pullulan can improve the suppleness of the skin.
Use Green Tea as Toner to Brighten Dull Skin
Green tea, when applied topically on the skin, has an anti-inflammatory, brightening, cleansing and hydrating effect. This is ideal for a natural skin toner. You can make your own green tea toner by heating the tea for 5 mins, and then allow cooling at room temperature. Apply onto face by patting it with cotton pads or pouring it into a spray bottle and then spritz your skin.
Use Tea Tree Oil to Rid Pimples and Acne
Tea tree is known for its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties and based on proven research; tea tree greatly reduces mild to moderate breakouts on the face. However, you need to remember to dilute the tea tree oil because it’s very strong and can burn and irritate the skin. Just make sure to apply 1-2 drops mixed with your cleanser, serum or moisturiser. Make sure to dilute 5%, and this means that 5 drops of the tea tree oil for every 1 tsp. of oil or cream and apply this 2-3 times a day.
Chamomile Tea Ice Cubes for Tired-looking Skin
Make a strong pot of chamomile tea and allow to cool for 10 mins or more. Then pour the tea into the ice cube tray and place in the freezer. When the chamomile tea ice cubes are ready, place it into a thin cloth or wash cloth and apply to pimples, puffiness under the eyes or irritated skin. It only takes a few seconds.
Honey, Turmeric, and Yoghurt for a Smooth Complexion
The purpose of this mixture is to clean the facial pores for a clear, smooth complexion. The honey has healing, clarifying, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties; turmeric has sebum balancing and for the yoghurt - pH enhancing and lactic acid effects. Mix them all together with 1 tbsp. of plain yoghurt, 1 tbsp raw honey and 1 tsp. Turmeric powder and make a paste. Apply to face and neck and leave for 10-15 mins, rinse with cool water. Pat your skin dry and apply a natural-based serum and moisturiser.
Natural Beauty Mask for Skin Hydration
Another thing that has moisturising effects are oats, and also contains anti-inflammatory and healing properties. Aside that, there is also the avocado, which is also known for its hydrating & nourishing effects and vitamins A & E. Mix oats, avocado and yoghurt (contains enzymes and active culture to reduce inflammation and balance the skin's pH) in a bowl with 1/4 cup of oat flour (ground uncooked oats), 2 tbsps, Unsweetened yoghurt and 1/4 cup of avocado. Apply the mixture to your face and make sure your face is clean from makeup and dry. Let is set for 10-20 minutes then wipe with a warm and wet washcloth and then rinse with water before patting dry. You can apply this mask once daily as needed.
The key to a beautiful and radiant skin is exfoliation and the best way to naturally exfoliate your skin is to take a tablespoon of raw organic coconut oil mixed with a teaspoon of cane sugar. Gently apply to your face and neck in a circular motion then rinse with warm water. Create a larger batch if you want to include your whole skin. Do this 1-2 times a week.
Add Super-foods to your diet
It might be a famous cliché, but this holds true - "We are what we eat." To have great and glowing skin, you need to eat foods that are rich in antioxidants, which also contain healing and anti-inflammatory properties. These superfoods are readily available.
Importance of Water