When the cold season knocks on the door, we start wondering what to do to prevent the effects cold weather has on our body, especially on our skin. We preoccupy ourselves with our hair, face or skin, but we tend to forget about our lips. As it turns out they require our attention, too. Oxidation represents the main cause of aging skin and it can affect the lips. A natural remedy for preventing and treating the lips is the raspberry seed oil. Let`s see what are the main benefits of this amazing oil!
- Raspberries are one of the few fruits that feature a high content of Vitamin E. This vitamin is known for its antioxidant effects which reduces skin damage and nourishes the skin.
- As if that was not enough, raspberry oil is a great help when it comes to sun protection. Studies show that it has the power to protect lips against UV lights.
- Due to its high content of fatty acids, raspberry seed oil is recommend for keeping your skin healthy. The omega 9 oleic acid protects the skin from the sun, moisturizes and repairs the skin from a cellular level. The omega 6 linoleic acid is responsible for retaining moisture in the skin and for healing our skin barrier that protects our body.
Furthermore, combining raspberries oil with coconut oil can turn out to be extremely important for the health of your lips because of the beneficial effects coconut has on our skin. Here are a few of them that will convince you to mix those two great oils:
- If you are looking for a natural skin moisturizer, coconut oil is the best match. Coconut oil melts on the skin as soon as you apply it, which causes it to seep directly into the skin pores. Hence, it moisturizes deeply and thoroughly, which is our goal for keeping our lips healthy.
- As if that was not enough, the coconut oil acts as an antibacterial shield. By preventing both bacterial and fungal infections, this oil allows our lips to keep their healthy aspect.
- Did you know that coconut oil was firstly used as an ant aging product? Well, it is true and we recommend it for the lips and the area surrounding them due to the fact that it aids in preventing premature aging.
How to make your own natural lip care balm
So, after mentioning the beneficial effects of both raspberry and coconut oil, we encourage you to care for your lips with the following recipe. It is easy to prepare and it will give you the most amazing natural lip care balm. Here is what you need to do:
- The first step is to use a tablespoon of coconut oil and place it into a small saucepan on low heat. Allow it to get warm and remove it once it has.
- The second step is to mix with the coconut oil 4 fresh or frozen raspberries.
- Mash and blend the raspberries into a smooth consistency.
- Pour the mixture into a small glass container and refrigerate the content until firm.
- Use it as a lip balm using clean fingers or a lip brush, but don`t forget to make this fresh every few days. It will help your lips to benefit from the best those oils have to offer!