It is a fact that our skin starts its healing process during night when we sleep. It is a natural defence mechanism against all harmful actions we experience on daily basis. Thus, night time is the best moment to help our skin stay hydrated and we can achieve that by using an avocado mask.
Avocados, also known as an alligator pear due to their shape and colour, are rich in a bundle of essential nutrients, which include vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants. This fruit is used in various health and beauty products because of its curative effects. It is recommended to make your own homemade avocado mask in order to benefit from its full potential. Let`s see why an avocado is so beneficial for our skin.
- One of the most appraised benefits of an avocado is the fact that it acts like an anti-aging product. It was scientifically proven that avocados represent an amazing treatment that helps in reducing wrinkles. Moreover, due to its high content of antioxidants it detoxifies our skin, making it more supple and plump.
- It is considered one of the best aids when it comes to fighting the harmful effects pollution has on our skin. Its healing properties are great for protecting the skin against UVA and UVB rays, too.
- Avocados are rich in healthy fats, which have the power to moisturize your skin and reduce any inflammation. Furthermore, it is said that the oils present in an avocado are closely matched to the natural oils present in our skin. Hence, an avocado mask will nourish and revitalise your face.
- Also, avocados are great for naturally cleaning your skin on a daily basis. A homemade avocado facial cleanser requires a bit of avocado, honey and some milk. This combination will both clean and nourish your skin, leaving you with a healthy glow.
So, treat yourself once a week with an amazing avocado night mask. We guarantee you will feel its curative effects immediately, while you will observe the healthy glow on your skin. The question that remains unanswered is how to make the best avocado mask. Here is a recipe that will nourish and revitalize your skin like no other facial mask available on the market.
- Get the pulp from half an avocado and place it into a bowl. Use a fork in order to mash the avocado and make sure it becomes creamy and free from lumps.
- After that, add one tablespoon of lemon juice in order to prevent the avocado from oxidizing and turning brown. This will allow you to store the avocado mask for a couple of days.
- Clean your face with warm water to remove any debris left after make-up removal. If your skin is clean, it will absorb the avocado mask`s oils rapidly.
- Use your fingertips and apply a thin layer of avocado on your face. Keep in mind that you will have to avoid touching your eyes and hair with the mask.
- Allow it to work on your face for no more than 15 minutes.
- Remove the mask by using a clean cloth and warm water. DO not scrub the mixture off your face as it can harm your skin.