Did you know that throughout the centuries turmeric masks were used as an important part of the bride’s wedding preparations? Well, it was believed that this mask has the ability to make the bride look spotless. Nowadays, it was discovered that turmeric contains curcumin, a substance that can benefit the body both inside and out. It was proved that using regularly a turmeric face mask can diminish acne, eczema and even dark circles. Let`s see the core benefits of turmeric for the skin.
- Turmeric is an herb with curative properties that can give you a healthy skin. Its main component, curcumin is an active ingredient that sooths skin, diminishes inflammation and pain. Various studies show that curcumin is a great aid in healing wounds faster.
- Turmeric is an aid in dealing with uneven skin tone because it acts as a lighting agent.
- It diminishes inflammation and redness, which is useful in dealing with acne, eczema and even psoriasis.
So, you may wonder how to use turmeric in a face mask. We say it is best to mix it with honey and yogurt due to the fact that it boosts its properties and it acts as a moisturizer, exfoliator and makes the complexion look fresh and healthy. Below you can see the benefits of honey and yogurt for skin.
- Honey is great in dealing with acne, pimples, scars or other unwanted skin problems. Honey is great for our skin because it has antibacterial and antiseptic properties, along with a bundle of antioxidants that destroy free radicals. Moreover, honey acts as a barrier and protects the skin from a cellular level. Another interesting fact about honey is that it represents an amazing natural skin moisturizer. It dries out a bacterium which allows water to better be absorbed into skin.
- On the other hand, yogurt softens skin and diminishes skin roughness. Furthermore, it has the ability to clean and lighten the skin without causing any kind of dryness.
Now, if you are convinced about the benefits of turmeric, honey and yogurt, we encourage you to try the following face mask that will smooth your complexion. Hence, you will need a teaspoon of turmeric, a teaspoon of organic honey and a teaspoon of natural yogurt. Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix them until they become a paste.
After cleaning your face apply the turmeric mask evenly on your skin. Also, it is recommended to apply it even in the area under your eyes because turmeric can diminish puffy eyes and dark circles. Allow the mask to dry and remove it after 10-15 minutes. Wash it off with cold water and pat dry with a clean cloth. In the end, it is best to apply a natural-based serum and moisturizer in order to feed your skin cells the nutrients it needs. Specialists recommend using this mask once a week because the purpose of this mixture is to clean the facial pores for a clear, smooth complexion.
As you can see, it is easy to get the best natural skin care routine at home with organic ingredients that you usually have in your pantry!